Orthopaedic Surgery & Joint Replacement
Aayush Institute of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
At Aayush Hospitals, our department of orthopaedic surgery is one of the largest departments and also has dedicated joint replacement unit to provide leading edge health care to local, national and international patients.
- Dedicated laminar airflow operation theatre to reduce the rate of infection significantly in joint replacement surgeries.
- 24 x 7 Trauma team & operation theatre to manage polytrauma patients.
- Day care operation theatre for Day care minimally invasive (Key Hole) surgeries for Sports Injuries & Trauma Surgeries.
Joint replacement services: (Adult Joint Reconstruction Services)
- Primary & Revision Total Knee replacements
- Partial Knee replacements (Uni compartment replacement)
- Primary & Revision Hip replacement: Cemented/Uncemented
- Ceramic Hip & Knee replacements for Young patients.
Orthopaedic Specialists offer comprehensive care in all area of orthopaedics including trauma, sports injuries, hand, foot, spine procedures, arthroscopic and other minimally invasive surgeries.
The team specialises in critical emergency trauma care such as complicated fractures, polytrauma, pelvic fractures and orthopaedic care to patients with multiple end-organ failure.
- Minimally invasive plating & interlocking nailing surgeries
- Pelvic and acetabular fracture fixation
- Post-traumatic deformity and disability correction.
Sports Injury Services (Key hole surgery)
We manage injuries sustained in sporting activities with emphasis on keyhole surgery for injuries of the sholder, elbow, wrist, knee and ankle. Some conditions managed on a regular basis include;
- Arthroscopic meniscectomy
- Arthroscopic ligament reconstruction of knee
- Arthroscopic shoulder stabilization (Bankart operation)
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery
Both surgical and non-surgical services are available for a host of spine conditions including degenerative conditions, traumatic spine injuries, deformities, prolapse of intervertebral discs and cancer of the spine.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS): Key hole surgeries, including microsurgical and endoscopic spinal surgery and MIS spine fusion.
Dr M L V Sai Krishna
M.B.B.S., M.S.Orthopaedics (JIPMER), DNB Orthopaedics, MRCSEd, Dip. SICOT, FICS, MNAMS.
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeon
- Gender : Male
- Qualification : M.B.B.S., M.S.Orthopaedics (JIPMER), Post-Doctoral Fellow (Arthroscopy) (AIIMS, New Delhi), DNB Orthopaedics, MRCSEd, Dip. SICOT, FICS, MNAMS.
- Specialization : Arthroscopy, Trauma, Arthroplasty, Spine, Deformity correction and Joint preservation procedures.
- Designation : Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic surgeon
- Years in Practice : 6 years post M.S
- University : M.B.B.S - DR.N.T.R. University of health sciences.
M.S - JIPMER (Puducherry)
Fellowship - AIIMS (New Delhi)
- Professional experience : Senior residency (JIPMER-Puducherry) -3 Years.
Assistant Professor (KIMS Amalapuram) - 11 Months.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Arthroscopy (AIIMS-New-Delhi) – 2 Years.
- Achievements : Presented Papers at National and International Conferences. ATLS instructor since 2017-07.
1. M L V SK, Sharma D, Menon J. Prognostic Importance of Spinopelvic Parameters in the Assessment of Conservative Treatment in Patients with Spondylolisthesis. Asian Spine J. 2018 Apr;12(2):277-284.
doi: 10.4184/asj.2018.12.2.277. Epub 2018 Apr 16. PMID: 29713409; PMCID: PMC5913019.
2. Sai Krishna MLV, Mittal R, Vatsya P. Double mattress fixation with a single knotless anchor in Bankart’s repair- A novel technique. Journal of Orthopaedic Reports 2022;1:100045. doi.org/10.1016/j.jorep.2022.100045
3. M L V SK, Nag HL, Gupta A. Removal of distal part of a broken intramedullary nail from the femoral shaft using stainless steel (SS) wire - An innovative surgical technique. Journal of Orthopaedic
Reports 2022;1:100036. doi.org/10.1016/j.jorep.2022.100036.
4.Sai Krishna MLV, Nag HL, Gupta A. Ease of sutures management of suspensory fixation devices in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a technical note. AOSM 2022;9:34-36. doi.org/10.14517/aosm21013
5 .Sai Krishna MLV, Nag HL, Gupta A. Ease of femoral tunnel preparation through transportal pathway – A technical note. J Arthrosc Surg Sports Med doi: 10.25259/JASSM_9_2022
6 .Mahmood A, MLV S, Garika S, et al. Ramp Lesions in Chronic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries. Cureus 14(8): e28450. doi:10.7759/cureus.28450
7 .Digge VK, Kumar V, Kar S, Sai Krishna MLV, Chaudhury B, Jain VK, Desai J. Is there evidence to recommend transcatheter arterial embolisation in adhesive capsulitis: A review of literature.
J Orthop. 2022 Feb 11;30:77-82. doi: 10.1016/j.jor.2022.02.008. PMID: 35241893; PMCID: PMC8867055.
8. Sai Krishna MLV, Siva Srivastava Garika, Ravi Mittal, Vijay Kumar Digge. Tuberculous tibial osteomyelitis with ankle joint arthritis in an immuno-competent patient: An atypical case presentation.
Int J Case Rep Orthop 2022;4(1):87-89. doi:10.22271/27078345.2022.v4.i1b.100
9. Sai Krishna MLV, Sharma D, Menon J, Barathi D. Low Back Pain- How Significant are the Spinopelvic Parameters? Global Spine Journal. 2016;6(1_suppl):s-0036-1582699-s-0036-1582699. doi:10.1055/s-0036-1582699
10. Sai Krishna MLV, Sharma D, Menon J. Analysis of Normal Values of Sagittal Spinopelvic Radiographic Parameters in Indian Population. Global Spine Journal. 2016;6(1_suppl):s-0036-1582919-s-0036-1582919.
11. Sai Krishna MLV, Sharma D, Menon J, Barathi D. Pelvic Incidence as a Prognostic Variable to Assess the Outcome of Conservative Treatment in the Patients with Spondylolisthesis. Global Spine
Journal. 2016;6(1_suppl):s-0036-1582717-s-0036-1582717. doi:10.1055/s-0036-1582717
12. Garika SS, Mahmood A, Mlv SK, Mittal R. Fracture Due to Hypercalcemia of Benignancy From a Parotid Tumour. Cureus. 2022 Sep 22;14(9):e29446. doi: 10.7759/cureus.29446. PMID: 36312602; PMCID:
13. Maramreddy, Leela Venkata Sai Krishna MBBS, MS, DNB Orthopaedics1; Mittal, Ravi MBBS, MS Orthopaedics1; Anand, Anmol MBBS, MS Orthopaedics1; Vatsya, Pulak MBBS, MS, DNB Orthopaedics1,*. Bilateral
Nonunion of Femoral Neck Fractures Because of Nutritional Osteomalacia: A Report of 2 Cases. JBJS Case Connector: October-December 2022 - Volume 12 - Issue 4 - e22.00314. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.CC.22.00314
14. Digge VK, Chauhan N, Chattopadhyay A, Mlv SK. A Minimally Invasive Surgical Technique for Hallux Valgus Deformity Correction Using an Ultrasonic Bone Scalpel (All India Institute of Medical
Sciences Technique). Cureus. 2022 Nov 15;14(11):e31524. doi: 10.7759/cureus.31524. PMID: 36532942; PMCID: PMC9753156.
15. Mlv SK, Chauhan N, Mittal R, Chattopadhyay A. Fungal Infection Post Arthroscopic Meniscal Repair: A Rare Complication. Cureus. 2023 Jan 4;15(1):e33342. doi: 10.7759/cureus.33342. PMID: 36741675;
16. Digge, Vijay Kumar; Sai Krishna, M. L. V.; Kar, Santanu; Sahoo, Bismaya; Kumar, Vijay; Nag, Hira Lal. The Outcome of Debridement in Massive and Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tear - A Systematic
Review. Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery 9(4):p 144-152, Oct–Dec 2022. | DOI: 10.4103/jajs.jajs_98_22
17. Sai Krishna, M.L.V., Kar, S., Kumar, R. et al. The Role of Conservative Management in the Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head: A Review of Systematic Reviews. JOIO (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s43465-023-00818-5
Make an Appointment for any health care issues